Auto Accident Lawyer Serving Tampa & St. Petersburg
Have You Been Injured in a Car Accident?
Every day, countless auto accidents take place throughout St. Petersburg and the Tampa Bay area. Regardless of how careful you have been driving, it is only a matter of time before someone makes a mistake or acts negligently and causes a serious car accident. If you can prove that another person acted in a negligent or reckless manner, consequently causing the accident, you could be awarded compensation for your pain and suffering, medical bill, lost wages, mental anguish, property damage, and more.
What is Negligence?
There are many acts of negligence that could cause or contribute to an auto accident, including:
- Talking on a cell phone
- Texting while driving
- Running a red light
- Running a yellow light
- Failure to yield
- Making an illegal turn
- Driving under the influence
What to Do After an Auto Accident
It is important to take the following steps after an accident to ensure the success of your claim.
- Exchange information with the other drivers involved. Be sure to collect their names and insurance information.
- Call the police. Although you may not like the idea of calling the police, the other driver(s) may try to change their story later on if the police are not called. Furthermore, some insurance companies require drives to report their accidents to the police.
- Report your claim immediately. The sooner you report your claim to the insurance company, the better.
- See a doctor. Seeing a doctor is not only important to ensure all of your injures are diagnosed and treated correctly and in a timely manner, but a doctor can also give you an idea about the extent of your injuries, which is important for determining how much compensation you should ask for.
- Get your car fixed. If you need to get your car fixed, we can help coordinate your repairs and get an adjuster out to appraise the damage. If your car is damaged beyond 80% of its value, your car will most likely be considered "totaled," and the insurance company will give you a check for its cash value. In addition to the value of your car, you may also be compensated for the loss of the use of your car, as well as rental car expenses while your car is being appraised or repaired.
Contact an Experienced Auto Accident Attorney
If you have been involved in a car or auto accident in St. Petersburg or Tampa, you can depend on our skilled legal team to help you get through this difficult time. We genuinely care about your best interests, and are committed to helping you recover the financial compensation you deserve!
Contact the Law Offices of John R. Mathias, P.A. today to schedule a free consultation with a dedicated car accident lawyer serving Tampa and St. Petersburg.