Truck accidents are on the rise in the United States. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), there were more than 5,000 people killed in large truck accidents in 2019.
Some other key statistics for you to know for that same year include:
- 538,000 large trucks were involved in police-reported traffic accidents.
- 159,000 people were injured in accidents involving large trucks.
- 71% of people killed in truck accidents were occupants of other vehicles.
- 77% of fatal crashes occurred during weekdays.
- 23% of truck drivers involved in fatal crashes had previously recorded crashes on their record.
- 25% of all fatal truck accidents occur on an interstate.
- 57% of all fatal truck accidents occur in rural areas.
As you can see from the above, these accidents can be devastating for those involved, and it is important to understand the risks and potential causes of truck accidents in order to take steps to prevent them.
At The Law Offices of John R. Mathias, P.A., we understand the unique challenges that truck accident victims face. Our experienced truck accident attorneys are dedicated to helping victims and their families obtain the compensation they deserve. We provide a wide range of services, including helping victims with truck accident statistics in the U.S., so they can better understand the risks associated with truck accidents.
Preventing Truck Accidents
Truck accidents can have devastating consequences, so it is important to take steps to prevent them.
The following tips can help reduce the risk of truck accidents:
- Ensure that truck drivers are properly trained and have the necessary experience to drive safely.
- Enforce strict regulations on truck drivers to prevent driver fatigue.
- Ensure that trucks are properly maintained and that they are not overloaded.
- Encourage drivers to avoid distracted driving.
- Ensure that roads are properly maintained and that hazardous conditions are addressed.
Understanding the Risks of Truck Accidents
Truck accidents can be devastating for those involved, so it is important to understand the risks and potential causes of truck accidents. The Law Offices of John R. Mathias, P.A. can help victims and their families understand truck accident statistics in the U.S. and provide the legal representation they need. Our experienced truck accident attorneys are dedicated to helping victims and their families obtain the compensation they deserve. Contact us today to learn more about how we can help.