Car Accident Lawyer in St. Petersburg, FL
Dedicated Pinellas County & St. Pete Auto Accident Attorney
If you have been involved in an auto accident in St. Petersburg or Tampa, you can depend on our car accident lawyer in St. Petersburg to help you get through this difficult time. Our dedicated Florida law firm genuinely cares about your best interests and is committed to helping you recover the financial compensation you deserve.
Every day, countless auto accidents take place throughout St. Petersburg and the Tampa Bay area. Whether you're on the Courtney Campbell or I-275 and regardless of how careful you have been driving, it is only a matter of time before someone makes a mistake or acts negligently and causes a serious car accident.
If you can prove that another person acted in a negligent or reckless manner, consequently causing the accident, you could be awarded compensation for your pain and suffering, medical bill, lost wages, mental anguish, property damage, and more.
When To Hire a Florida Car Accident Lawyer
As a general guideline, it’s best to contact a car accident lawyer as soon as possible after suffering injuries in a car accident.
There are a couple reasons for this, the first being a law called the statute of limitations is a law which is implemented on a state by state basis which allocates a specific timeline when personal injury cases can be filed.
Florida Statute of Limitations for Car Accidents
According to the Florida Statutes section 95.11(3)(a), the statute of limitations for car accidents is four years. This means you have four years to file your claim and if you try to file a claim outside of this two-year period, you will be unable to do so.
There are, however, some exceptions to this law where the filing time may change so it’s important to speak to an attorney about the specifics if your case as soon as possible.
Beyond the statute of limitations, car accident injuries are different than other injuries covered by personal injury law in that they are most usually soft tissue injuries. Soft tissue injuries affect the tendons, ligaments and muscles of the body. These injuries are unique in that they progressively get worse over a few days or even weeks after the injury occurred.
Because of this, many injury victims sign a compensation agreement with an insurance company before talking to an attorney only to discover later that their injuries are worse than they initially believed but are not able to recover any additional compensation.
If you have suffered injuries at the hands of a negligent driver, talk to our St. Petersburg car accident attorney for help today!
Our Pinellas County Car Accident Lawyer is Ready to Help
Contact our dedicated and experienced St. Petersburg car accident attorney at the Law Offices of John R. Mathias, P.A. if you have been injured in a car accident. Attorney Mathias has navigated countless car accident claims toward proper compensation for the injury victims.
Along with having decades of experience in this arena, he is AV Preeminent® Rated by Martindale-Hubbell®, a distinction reserved for attorneys who meet the highest standards of acumen and ethics.
Put your car accident claim in hands you can trust. Call us today at 727-270-8360 for a free consultation with our St. Petersburg car accident attorney.
Your Defense For Car Accident & Negligence Claims
A lot of things can go wrong on the road. However, when these hazards are due to another's irresponsibility, then they qualify as negligence.
There are many acts of negligence that could cause or contribute to an auto accident, including:
- Talking on a cell phone
- Texting while driving
- Running a red light
- Running a yellow light
- Failure to yield
- Making an illegal turn
- Driving under the influence
What are the Most Common Car Accident Injuries?
If you’ve been in an auto accident, you could experience a variety of different injuries. Common injuries from an auto accident are:
- Back injuries
- Head injuries
- Cuts, scrapes, and bruises
- Broken or fractured bones
Contact an Experienced Car Accident Attorney in St. Petersburg
If you were injured in a car accident in Florida, work with a lawyer with experience.Attorney John Mathias of The Law Offices of John R. Mathias, P.A. has been practicing law since 1988. Here are some other facts that make our Florida law firm stand out:
- Look for an attorney with extensive training. Our lawyer is board certified by the Florida Bar in the area of Civil Trial Law-an accomplishment few achieve. He has also been certified by the Supreme Court of Florida as a civil court mediator and court-appointed mediator.
- Look for an attorney who understands injury law. Our attorney began his career working for insurance companies including State Farm, Allstate, and Nationwide, defending arson, fraud, and injury claims. Nationwide Insurance Company provided additional negotiation training through the Pepperdine School of Law in California. He now uses this training and experience to fight those companies he once represented on
- Look for an attorney with professional associations. Attorney Mathias is a member of the Florida Justice Association, the American Association for Justice, The Florida Bar, Tampa Bay Trial Lawyers, and the St. Petersburg Bar.
- Look for an attorney who is highly rated. Our Florida law firm is committed to excellence. Attorney Mathias is AV® Rated by Martindale-Hubbell®, a highly respected attorney ranking service.
Do not hesitate to take action. Contact us today to speak with a St. Petersburg car accident lawyer by calling (727) 270-8360!