Injured In A Car Accident In Or Near St. Petersburg, Florida?
If you were hurt in an auto accident in the St. Petersburg-Tampa area, you may be facing serious medical issues as well as legal concerns. You can depend on The Law Offices of John R. Mathias, P.A., to provide the help you need to get through this difficult time.
I am attorney John R. Mathias, and I have both experience and a sense of dedication to each client’s well-being. I established this Florida personal injury law firm because I genuinely care about your best interests after a crash. I am committed to helping you recover financial compensation for your losses.
Accident Damage Assistance
You have probably never been in a car accident before. We can help with getting your car fixed properly. We can also assist with getting you a rental car while your car is being repaired. If it is wrecked beyond repair, we can help make sure you get compensation for the fair value of your car. Getting your car damage evaluated is just the first step. We do this free of charge.
Where And How Did The Accident Happen? I’m Here To Help You Launch Your Claim.
Every day, serious auto accidents happen throughout St. Petersburg and the Tampa Bay area. Whether you’re traveling on the Courtney Campbell Causeway, I-275 or a local city street near your home, another driver can make a mistake or act negligently and cause a devastating car accident. Were you injured in this way? Let me evaluate your case.
If you and I, working together, can prove that another person acted in a negligent or reckless manner and caused your accident, I can help you make a claim for compensation. My goal is to help you recover the maximum available compensation for your pain and suffering, medical bills, lost wages, mental anguish, property damage and more.
When To Hire A Car Accident Lawyer
As a general guideline, it’s best to contact a car accident lawyer as soon as possible after suffering injuries in a car accident. The statute of limitations allocates a specific timeline for when personal injury cases can be filed.
Contact law enforcement immediately. The at fault driver will change his story after the crash. Contact your insurance company after contacting us. Do not speak with the other driver’s insurance company. Do not accept an immediate offer from any insurance company to settle anything, until you speak with an attorney. Some companies actually tell you there offer is just for “medical bills” but you could be settling your entire claim.
There is no time to waste after a car accident. Let your attorney start promptly to get a head start investigating your case.
How To Choose Your Advocate
If you were injured in a car accident in Florida. I encourage you to select your lawyer carefully, as described below.
- Look for an attorney with extensive training. I have been board-certified by The Florida Bar in the area of civil trial law for over 20 years. I have also been certified by the Supreme Court of Florida as a civil court mediator and a court-appointed mediator.
- Look for an attorney who understands injury law. I have been practicing for over 30 years, and I began my legal career defending insurance companies, including State Farm, Allstate and Nationwide, from arson, fraud and injury claims. Through my association with Nationwide Insurance Company, I obtained negotiation training through the Pepperdine School of Law in California. I now use what I learned to fight insurers on behalf of my injured clients.
- Look for an attorney who stays professionally involved. I am a member of the Florida Justice Association, the American Association for Justice, The Florida Bar, the Tampa Bay Trial Lawyers Association and the St. Petersburg Bar Association. I am a member of the American Board of Trial Advocates. An attorney must be invited to join this organization of plaintiff attorneys, insurance defense attorneys, and Judges only after demonstrating an exemplary professionalism in the practice of law, extensive trial experience, and respected by his or her peers.
- Look for an attorney who is highly rated. My staff and I are committed to excellence. I am AV Preeminent* peer-review rated through Martindale-Hubbell, a highly respected attorney ranking service.
I am confident that when you understand what I have to offer, you will seriously consider enlisting me as your car accident attorney. Personalized service and strong attorney-client collaboration mean a great deal to me.
Frequently Asked Questions About Car Accidents In Florida
Let me provide answers to your most urgent questions such as those below.
How soon should you file an injury claim after a crash?
According to the Florida Statutes section 95.11(3)(a), the statute of limitations for car accidents is two years. This means you have two years to file your claim, although there are some exceptions.
Does your law practice include representation of people with soft-tissue injuries?
Yes. A great many car accidents result in one or more soft-tissue injuries affecting the tendons, ligaments and muscles. These injuries are unique and often get worse over a few days or even weeks after the injury occurs. Many clients don’t appreciate their injuries at the scene of the crash. Some might not have obvious injuries like a broken bone and feel it isn’t necessary to go to the Emergency Room. But the next day, some clients have described their pain, “like being hit by a 2×4 in the neck.” These “soft tissue injuries” are often the most problematic for a person.
What are some common causes of car accidents?
The following acts of negligence cause or contribute to many auto accidents:
- Talking or texting on a cellphone
- Running a red or yellow light
- Making an illegal turn or failure to yield
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
When I investigate car accidents, I often find other contributing factors, as well, such as bad road conditions and defective seat belts. The sooner I start my investigation, the more chances I will have to discover all causes and all sources of liability.
What are the most common car accident injuries?
If you’ve been in an auto accident, you may have suffered one or more of these common injuries:
- Cuts, scrapes and bruises
- Back injuries
- Head injuries
- Spinal injuries resulting in paralysis
- Broken or fractured bones
- Spinal disks can become herniated, or “slipped disks” and touch a nerve causing neck pain, low back pain, or pain which travels down the arms and/or legs
If I represent you, I will consult closely with your medical providers to get a full understanding of your prognosis for recovery.
Why is it important to get legal advice before agreeing to a settlement from an insurer?
Be careful: An insurance company may ask you to sign a compensation agreement before talking to an attorney. Then, if your injuries get worse than they initially believed, you will not likely be able to recover any additional compensation.
If you have suffered injuries because of the actions of a negligent driver, talk to me, a knowledgeable car accident attorney in St. Petersburg. Initial consultations are free and I will represent you on a contingency basis. This means you will not owe attorney fees until you recover compensation.
I Am A Respected Car Accident Lawyer You Can Trust
I look forward to explaining what my law firm, The Law Offices of John R. Mathias, P.A., has to offer after you have been injured in a car accident. I have navigated countless car accident claims toward proper compensation for the injured.
Along with having decades of experience in this arena, I am AV Preeminent* peer-review rated through Martindale-Hubbell. This is a distinction reserved for attorneys who meet the highest standards of acumen and ethics.
Contact The Law Office Of John R. Mathias For A Free Consultation
I do not recommend that you discuss your accident and injuries with other people before you get legal advice. Contact me, an experienced and dedicated car accident lawyer in Pinellas County.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer-review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.