An Attorney That You Can Always Talk To

Florida Personal Injury: Frequently Asked Questions

Located in St. Petersburg, The Law Offices of John R. Mathias, P.A., represents injury victims and their families throughout South Florida. For a free consultation with a Florida personal injury attorney, please call 727-362-2122 or contact us by email.

What should I do immediately after a car accident?

Your health and safety should be your top priorities after a car crash. Here are some important things to do after a car accident in Florida:

  1. Get medical attention: Even if your injuries seem minor, it’s important to get a medical evaluation. Soft tissue injuries may not become obvious until after the crash, and often the adrenaline triggered by collision masks the pain of an injury. That is why should should get checked out by a medical professional after a car accident. You will also need medical evidence of your injury for your personal injury claim.
  2. Call the police and obtain a copy of the police report: The police report can also be used as evidence in your personal injury claim.
  3. Get the other driver’s insurance and contact information, including phone number, license plate number and insurance information.
  4. Document the scene: Take pictures of the vehicle damage, the location of the crash, and your injuries. Also, get any witnesses’ contact information. If you are unable to do these things because of your injuries, see if another person can do them for you.
  5. Contact The Law Offices of John R. Mathias, P.A.: You may be owed significant compensation for your injuries. As soon as I get involved in your case, I can start working to maximize the amount of compensation your receive.

Should I accept the insurance company’s initial settlement offer?

No, not before you talk to me. I can review your case in a free consultation and help you determine the best way to maximize your financial compensation. Insurance companies routinely offer settlements that fail to cover all the many costs of a car accident injury. Let me take on the insurance company while you focus on healing.

Who can be held liable for a trucking accident in Florida?

Accidents involving tractor-trailers, box trucks and other large commercial vehicles tend to be more complicated than accidents involving smaller passenger vehicles. Why? Because the trucking industry is tightly regulated, and there may be more than two insurance companies involved. The parties that may be liable for a truck accident include the trucking company, the truck driver, the party who loaded the vehicle, the truck manufacturer, the driver of a third vehicle involved in the crash, and any of these parties’ insurance providers. If you were injured in a trucking accident, your next step should be to contact The Law Offices of John R. Mathias, P.A.. I can investigate your case and determine exactly who may be liable for your injuries.

What types of personal injury cases do you handle?

I represent injury victims and their families in all types of personal injury matters, including car accidents, slip-and-fall accidents, pedestrian accidents, bicycle accidents, dog bites, construction accidents, medical malpractice and wrongful death. My office is in St. Petersburg, and I represent clients throughout South Florida.

Contact Me For A Free Consultation

At The Law Offices of John R. Mathias, P.A., I handle personal injury cases on a contingency-fee basis. In other words, you pay nothing out of pocket. I do not collect and attorney fee unless I win compensation for you. Please call me in St. Petersburg at 727-362-2122 or complete my contact form.