An Attorney That You Can Always Talk To

Am I Eligible to File a Premises Liability Claim?

On Behalf of | Feb 2, 2022 | Personal Injury

The premises liability law not only requires business owners to maintain a safe environment for their visitors but they are also expected to avoid an unreasonable risk of harm. If they fail to uphold this responsibility, an injured person could be eligible to file a lawsuit. If you have been injured on someone else’s property within the past three years, you too could be eligible to file a claim. Common liability cases include:

  • Slip and fall
  • Animal attacks and dog bites
  • Ice/Snow outside of a building
  • Lack of security
  • Broken sidewalks, stairs, lights, or flooring
  • Hidden extension cords
  • Elevator and escalator injuries

How Do I File a Successful Claim?

Before you file a claim, it’s important that you understand just because you were on someone else’s property doesn’t make them automatically negligent for your injury. Once you are certain that the owner is at fault, you should then report the accident to the property owner and their insurance.

After the insurance company is notified, your claim process will begin. It can be difficult to collect adequate documentation, so be sure to consider hiring an attorney to help with your claim. Filing a lawsuit can be a stressful experience, and it’s important that you’re very well prepared, which can be overwhelming when trying to recover from your injury.

In order for your case to be successful, you need to document your claim carefully. Working with a lawyer will ensure this is done and can significantly increase your chances of proving the other party’s negligence.

Call Our Team

If you think you have any type of premises liability claim, it’s vital to contact an experienced attorney at The Law Offices of John R. Mathias, P.A. right away. Our team is dedicated to fighting the battles for your rights. We can act quickly to obtain photographic evidence of the scene, which will help support your case before the property owner fixes the problem.

Call our office at 727-362-2122 or fill out our form online to set up your free consultation. We are here to help.